Martial Arts MonkConcept: Kwai Chang Caine, fakirs, or other monastics and ascetics who train their bodies to do fantastic things.
Alignment: Theoretically any, but almost all masters who teach advanced styles are Lawful and expect inhuman levels of self-discipline and subservience to humanity.
XP/HD: XP as Fighter, but HD as Magic-User. They give up fast advancement of hit dice for extra combat abilities.
Weaponry and Armor: As Fighter in theory, including the ability to attack multiple opponents or use any weapon. However, eash martial arts style gives benefits to only one weapon. If not wearing armor, Armor Class is equivalent to Light Armor at 1st level, Medium Armor at 4th level, Heavy Armor at 8th level.
Styles: Starts with one of these basic styles, which adds a bonus equal to half level to the indicated roll:
- Mastery of 1 Weapon: damage roll
- Mastery of Fist and Kick: barehand damage or subdue roll
- Mastery of Sweeps and Throws: 5+ on 1d6 trip/grapple check
Melee Weapon Master: One style per weapon. Usual vow is to never attack an opponent who has an inferior weapon.
- Heroic Secret is double damage with weapon when shouting a battle cry;
- Superheroic Secret is a sweeping attack at everyone surrounding monk (requires freedom of movement.)
- Heroic Secret is double damage from aimed shot (no aiming penalty) against a well-lit, visible target;
- Superheroic Secret is ability to aim blind shot at close range (taboo: meditate undisturbed for four hours every day in place of half of sleep period or lose ability until meditation regimen is restored.)
- Heroic Secret is double damage with fist when shouting a battle cry;
- Superheroic Secret is a circle kick at everyone surrounding monk (requires freedom of movement.)
- Variant Superheroic Secret is a Hold Person effect if target has a living heart (monk must know where the heart is…)
- Heroic Secret is a sleeper hold (Vulcan Neck Pinch);
- Superheroic Secret is a sweeping attack made with a grappled victim at everyone in a 10-foot square in front of monk (requires freedom of movement and grabbing/lifting a victim first.)
- Heroic Secret slows poison in the monk’s body through meditation and chanting for up to one hour;
- Superheroic Secret is immunity to sleep.
- Heroic Secret extends calming effect to animals;
- Superheroic Secret extends calming effect to plants.
- Heroic Secret is a temporary immunity to ESP;
- Superheroic Secret is a permanent immunity to ESP.
- Variant Superheroic Secret is a permanent immunity to Charm Person or Monster.