- Scorecard: Good guys wear white hats, bad guys wear black hats. Kill people who are the opposite alignment, while causing as little harm to members of your own alignment as possible.
- Factions: Do what you want, but if you make a promise to Team Law or Team Chaos, remember not to piss them off.
- Taint: Do what you want, but whether you agree with it or not, you're touched by Law or Chaos, and there may be consequences.
- Tendency: Up to now, you've more or less acted in a Lawful Good or Chaotic Evil way, and monsters in general behave like they're said to behave, but there can certainly be exceptions.
- Track: Like a Tendency, but someone's keeping books on you, and debts must be paid.
- Compulsion: You can't do that, it goes against your alignment.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Ways to Run Alignment
Yeah, there's an alignment war on a couple forums. But I'm not going to deal with that directly in this post, or even tell you the proper way to play; I'm going to just list the ways of running alignment, just to show that, not only is there more than one way, there's more than two.