... now with 35% more arrogance!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Productivity Update

I thought I was out of control for a moment... I was working on the border and corner pieces for the F-Series Geomorph set and thought I needed eight of each. But then, there I was about to start some liquid pools when I realized I'd already done eight of each format. Did I do too many pits?

I did a quick check of the rough draft for the PDF and realized: no, I need 10 borders and 15 corners total. So I'm not out of control!

And just a side note on that ASCII map post: I'm not talking about coding such a tool, but using tools already made for other games in ways they were never intended. Specifically, the ASCII map I posted yesterday was created by a random map generator for Dungeon Keeper 2. It doesn't generate directly usable maps, but I was looking at the output and noted that you could use it for crude distribution of some features on small area outdoor maps, such as the area around a fort, temple, or ruins. I may have more to say on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment