Of course, the one-shot, highly adaptable super powers typical of Magic-Users might not fit your concept; they may need to be modified. In keeping with the previous posts, a true old-school implementation of a super-man would either need a limited number of at-will powers or a wider range of powers with some limitation on use. I've toyed with the latter approach before and may put up a revised version at some point... but here's a quick adaptation based on some ideas in the Cleric class.
- You start with 1 HD and progress as a Cleric, but use M-U experience point totals.
- You can use any weapons or armor, but magic swords won't work (treat them as normal swords.)
- You get one primary power at 1st level; pick a spell from the 1st or 2nd level spell lists and make it usable at will.
- You get a second, weaker power at 3rd level.
- Every odd level, either power can be upgraded (replaced) by an equivalent, higher level spell (Charm Person can become Charm Monster.) The primary power must always be a higher spell level than the secondary power.
- You get a third, weaker power at 8th level; it must be weaker than the secondary power and does not upgrade.