... now with 35% more arrogance!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

What's Ahead for 2013

As I've already mentioned, I didn't do a lot of the things I wanted to do in 2012, although I did one or two things in each category. So, to a certain extent, 2013 will be the year of catch-up. I want to make 2013 the year I finally get Liber Zero into some kind of distributable form. Now that I've had a look at Delving Deeper, I think I have a better idea of where I want Liber Zero to go. It's going to be less "yet another OGL retroclone of the original rules" and more of a rule set that could be used to duplicate the original rules; less of an emphasis on specific mechanics and numbers, more of an emphasis on general techniques and structures. And I will attempt to target the as yet unfilled non-OGL niche.

The faster I can get the Liber Zero core done, the sooner I can get started on the atomic age horror rules. Alternative V will be a particular flavor of Liber Zero with rules to support a different (non-dungeon crawl) core activity. So, Liber Zero must be done first, but I do want to at least start Alternative V this year.

I still want to get back into making maps, although I no longer think I could sustain one new map a week, I want to do more of the modular hub approach to megadungeons, creating parts that can be assembled into a unique dungeon experience. I'm also thinking of doing some setting material. At the very least, I'd like to do that "entire campaign in two pages", at least as a core starting point.

The zine definitely needs to get rolling.

A couple things I did a lot of work on need to be revamped and possibly turned into stand-alone downloads. The perverse polymorpher, maybe. The dungeon shorthand, probably.

I've been thinking about dusting off a completely different game I once designed, Comedy Blackout, and getting it into a more usable form and maybe even get some playtesting done. I think there's a lot of potential in it.

There are some other things I'd like to do, but this is useful as my core to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment