... now with 35% more arrogance!

Monday, April 22, 2013

The Machine Master

Richard of the Dystopian Pokeverse has an industrial druid class which actually looks pretty interesting. Obviously, he's patterning it off the Druid as it appears in either AD&D or Eldritch Wizardry (hence, the specific powers at 3rd, 5th and 7th levels.)

If I were to use this idea (and I'm strongly tempted,) I'd base mine off the beast master write-up I did some time ago. Just change "animal" to "machine". Oh, and use M-U experience, because their powers actually provide animation and will to machines, rather than just negotiating with already autonomous machines. Some of the specific powers and spells Richard lists would be possible, such as transform into robot (treat the same way as the beast form ability listed for Beast Masters.) However, none of those are class powers, just powers the class could potentially use.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks!

    Your suggestion of controlling machines via a Magic Jar equivalent interests me strangely. I could definitely go for a little remote control exoskeleton adventuring in the Barrier Peaks saucer.

    ReplyDelete