... now with 35% more arrogance!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Charles Taylor on the Spear

Those of you who were following the discussion on combat modifiers might want to know about about Charles Taylor's response on his blog. Actually, it looks like he's planning several posts; this is just the first.

I'm not going to do a point-by-point response. I'd like to see the other posts first, and I might do a summation response at the end.

I do think that "nerfed" is a bit strong of a word. Whether anyone agrees with my suggested rules or not, they don't really limit spears. I will mention, however, that two-handed weapons in general, ignoring weapon length, are a separate issue that I haven't dealt with. I briefly used the "roll 2d6 and keep the highest" damage rule for two-handed weapons. I may wind up sticking with that, but it's undecided at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of roll 2d6, keep higher for two-handed weapons (and +1 to attack for dual-wielding). I lifted both rules from Philotomy's Musings.

    ReplyDelete