... now with 35% more arrogance!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Upgrades

For various reasons, I had to make some technical upgrades, even though money is always tight for me and these were some major expenses. Upgrade #1 was a new tablet (Google Nexus 7); Upgrade #2 will arrive later this week and is the first computer I've bought in 10 or 11 years. My old computer slowing down has been a major obstacle for graphics and layout projects I want to do, so once I get the new computer set up, expect to see some interesting things.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to port my old blog, forum, and social media activities over to the tablet. Resetting stored passwords I'd long forgotten, installing apps, etc. G+ has been the easiest, of course, so I have been a little more active there. But there are certainly limitations. Copy and paste is certainly possible, but it's still hampered on Android, especially when linking in the Blogger app. I used the Blogger app for this post and a couple others, and it doesn't look like it will work for my main blogging workload, because of the links issue, copy/paste in general, my habit of using multiple references in other tabs or windows, and the apparent lack of access to the scheduling settings. So, I predict most of my blogging will still be over the computer, not via tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment