... now with 35% more arrogance!

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Ringhill Keep

I wanted to try my hand at the way Dyson Logos draws town and city maps for a while. This first effort took a while.

The town -- and I am thinking it's a large town, not quite a city yet -- is called Ringhill Keep, after the central keep that is the town's reason for being. I wanted to do something different than the usual river port or sea port, so I did a town that was originally just a waypoint and guard station along a trade route. First came the keep and some surrounding hill towers, then some farms, then a roadside inn and other services, then the rest of the town. Protection is not as impenetrable as a walled city, just simple earthen ramparts and scattered towers.

The tablet scanner software worked a little bit better than the last time, but I still have to work out the kinks to make this a viable way to do hand-drawn maps and art.

No comments:

Post a Comment