... now with 35% more arrogance!

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Making Dwarves Squirm

Ages ago, I gave elves some more distinctive features in my worlds: skin is some exotic color, hair/eyes are another shade of the same color, eyes have no pupil or whites, only unaging while in their enchanted homeland.

I’ve wanted to do something similar with dwarves, but couldn’t think of anything offhand that didn’t feel like it had been done before. More than one person has done the “carve their own children from stone” thing, for example.

But then I remembered that in Norse myth, dwarves are created from maggots or worms. And that reminded me about my backstory for my game world involving a wormpocalypse.

Dwarves are somehow descended from purple worms, or a worm race (like the Wyrmanoids I wrote up.)

Done.

Creative Commons license
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0
International

(CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license.

No comments:

Post a Comment