... now with 35% more arrogance!

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Zak S

I did a little bit of unplanned maintenance.

As almost everyone should be aware by now, there’s been discussion over the past month or two about Zak Smith, aka Zak Sabbath. I did not address this previously because I prefer sticking to more practical matters.

But there are two practical matters relevant to me and my blog: I do not wish to promote Zak in the blog, but at the same time, I don’t think I should remove references to Zak when I talk about something that is vaguely inspired by something he has said or made.

So this is my practical solution:
  1. I will not delete Zak’s name from old posts, but will probably not mention him in the future.
  2. I will not delete references to Vornheim in old posts, but will remove any links to where to buy it, assuming I find any such links.
  3. But I will not promote his blog, so I am changing any reference to it in old posts to “[his blog]” or the equivalent, and changing any links to point back to this post.
The topic is complex, and I thought a long time about whether I should bring it up at all or what I would do before I arrived at this decision. I have no plans to talk about him after this post.

1 comment: