Roll 2d6 on the dice map. The total is a reaction roll telling you how the item "feels". Average reaction is common supplies, although not necessarily *ordinary*; Hostile reactions indicate items with unpleasant purposes, with Very Hostile indicating dangerous items; Friendly reactions indicate pleasant, useful, maybe even recreational items, with Very Friendly indicating items of great beauty or value. The lowest die's value is interpreted as a category, using either the d6 Feature table (from the Chamber Generator post,) the d6 Object table, or the d6 hit location chart to associate the item with a body part. Where the dice land indicates either the first two letters of a word or the abbreviation of a two-word name, using the dice values to arrange the letters in order.
So: a roll of F2 D6 (total 8) for a shop's contents means:
- Average item (food, common tools or supplies)
- "wall/barrier", "barrel/container", or "leg" (pants/travel) category
- abbreviated as "FD" (or "OW" or a couple other combos)
A roll of M4 G5 (total 9) for a shop's contents means:
- Fancy/Recreational item
- "furniture" or shirt/clothing
- abbreviated as "MG", "MOu", "MN", "OiG", "PN", etc.