... now with 35% more arrogance!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Dungeon! Memory

James Maliszewski at Grognardia posted his memories about playing the Dungeon! board game. I thought I'd write about one of my own memories... not one that's particularly relevant to how to play Dungeon! or D&D, but I think it's a fun one.

In the board game, there's a rule that after you've been defeated by a monster, on the next turn you "stand up", then you get to move as normal on the following turn. Around the time I and my circle of friends were playing Dungeon!, we were also really huge fans of Jethro Tull. The second Tull album is called Stand Up. It has a great song, "A New Day Yesterday", with a very distinctive opening bass line. So, whenever one of us had to "stand up", we would hum that bass line.

For this reason, I always associate Dungeon! with Jethro Tull.

No comments:

Post a Comment