... now with 35% more arrogance!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

DnD Classics

By now, I'm sure everyone has heard the news: that Wizards of the Coast is selling PDFs again, through Drive Thru RPG and through the specialty site www.dndclassics.com. The name's a slight misnomer, since very little of it has to do with the classic (aka "basic") line of Dungeons & Dragons. In fact, there's a lot of  3rd and 4th edition stuff there, too -- which I don't begrudge anyone from getting; I'm sure the new school players have been waiting for their material to be available again, too. I didn't count, but it looks like there's about an even mix of 1e, 2e, 3e, and 4e stuff, mostly modules rather than rulebooks. One of the basic line rulebooks (Moldvay, I think someone said) is up, though, which I may get, since I've only had experience with Holmes Basic.

They also have module B1, In Search of the Unknown, available free for the first week of the site's opening. I grabbed that, because it's one of the frequently-mentioned modules I never had access to. I need it for reference, at the very least.  There are a couple other frequently-mentioned modules I may opt to buy. Money is always tight for me (my yearly game budget is about 20 bucks, less than most people's monthly budgets.) I'll have to decide which I really, really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment