... now with 35% more arrogance!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Wizard's Library (Redone)

As I’ve said before, I’m working on fixing the material on the Maps tab. One of the problems I encountered was with three of the one-page dungeons. I started doing “megadungeon modules”, areas of interest that could be placed on a megadungeon level and surrounded by random filler rooms and tunnels. The filler areas could be laid out with geomorphs or rolled randomly, and would mostly be unoccupied, or occupied by random creatures; the modular areas would not be random, but would be deliberately designed with their purpose or history in mind.

The problem, however, was that I tried to create a one-page dungeon template on Google Docs. I would think that it was working, then change the size of some text to make it fit on one page… and the map would disappear. Eventually, I had it working… and months later, it stopped working again. This happened around the time Google did the Googe Drive switchover, and it’s something I’ve noticed in general about Google Docs/Drive: anytime they update their product, it modifies anything you have stored there.

So, I’ve started fixing the mega-modules, and have one finished: the Wizard’s Library mega-module. This is, of course, a library, with a nearby reading room/parlor. It includes notes on what to put in the random rooms immediately adjacent to the module. There’s a wandering monster/treasure table to stock the random rooms, but don’t use that to stock the three rooms described in the PDF. The module is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license.

This time, the PDF is on a Box account. Since this is the first time I’ve used that service, let me know if it works properly.
Written with StackEdit.

No comments:

Post a Comment