... now with 35% more arrogance!

Friday, September 24, 2010

50

Nope, not my age. My number of followers.

I generally don't post about passing blog landmarks, because I don't want to fill this blog with self-referential posts. 50 is a reasonably significant number, though, as would be 100. I probably won't comment about how many followers the blog has until I hit maven level.

Actually, I currently have 52 followers. Except I'm pretty sure it's only 51. you see, once when I was trying to follow someone's blog, Blogger somehow added me as a follower of my own blog. Or, at least, I think it did. I'm afraid to stop following myself, because who knows what kind of damage that might do?

Interestingly enough, this is (sort of) my RPG blogging anniversary. Yes, I know this blog is only a little over a year old, but I also have a LiveJournal, which is where I did some lighter RPG blogging before hand. Several times, I thought about splitting off my RPG posts into a separate blog to give my non-RPG friends a break, but I never got around to it, until last year. I didn't tag my earliest RPG posts on my LJ, so the earliest tagged post is September 25th, 2005. There were earlier posts, but they were more sporadic and shorter... no lengthy discussions of what I'm looking for in a sci-fi RPG. But five years! That's a good long time.

In honor of ancient times, here's a quote from May 13th, 2004, which is, surprisingly, vaguely RPG related. I am quite proud of it.

He seyeth thaet thou ane BladeRunner eart.
Things Ich hauen y-sein
thaet ye, peple, nicht wolde bileven.
Assaut schippes on fyre
off ye shulder of Orioun.
Ich hauen wacchit ye C-beomes
thaet darklyng gliter bi ye Tannhauser gate.

All thies moments wille be in tyme forlorn,
liche teares in ye reyn.
And ye tyme haues icummen for to deyen.

2 comments: