First, roll for the basic form.
Then, roll for distinguishing features.
Optionally, roll a third time for anomalous features.
|1||Bony Armor Plates|
You can roll each d6 separately, or roll them together and read them in order. Or, if you want really exotic results:
- Roll 2d6 and 1d8 simultaneously.
- If first two dice are both odd: Read all three dice in order as shape, feature, anomaly.
- Otherwise, read dice as shape and two features.
- A 7-8 on the d8 means no result. For shape, that means "amorphous and constantly changing shape".
- If it's difficult to tell which of two dice is first in line, read both dice on both of the relevant tables (so you can get really, REALLY weird creatures.)