... now with 35% more arrogance!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Thief and Cleric

Nope, this post isn't yet another re-hash of my thoughts on thieves or clerics. It's just an announcement that I've added two labels: one for the thief class and one for the cleric class.

I added the thief label because I might want to comment on the Tao of D&D posts about thief abilities. Alexis is joining JB in making several thief abilities automatic instead of using skill rolls. I'm sort of half-way there, making many thief skills automatic for simple tasks and replacing other situations with surprise rolls instead of skill rolls. Of course your thief can pick that lock! What matters is whether your thief can pick the lock silently, so as to surprise an opponent, or quickly, without jamming the lock.

I added the cleric label because I've been getting a lot of redirects from RPGnet, which is arguing about whether there's a literary archetype for the cleric or not. Also, Clerics Without Spells is one of the all-time most popular posts on my blog, so I figured a clerical round-up was worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment