... now with 35% more arrogance!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Send and Receive

I just sent off two articles for the next issue of Fight On! ("Curses Gone Wild!" which add random curse effects, and "Cantrips Gone Wild!" which adds a very simple cantrip system and expands the use of very-low-level magic.) Yeah, it will take a while before anyone sees them, but if something goes wrong and one or both articles are rejected, I'll post them here. The cantrip article is actually partially based on material I've blogged about before, but it's cleaned up and more usable.

That's what I've sent; what I've received today is a hardback copy of Swords & Wizardry Complete. I ordered it because my physical copies of the LBBs are still somewhere in storage and I'd like something I can refer to away from the computer. In fact, I've wanted to read the rules more thoroughly for a while, but I don't have a good way to read PDFs comfortably; this will fix that. Even though there are a lot of things about S&W I'd have to change to match my preferences, it's a useful spell, monster, and equipment reference.

2 comments:

  1. It's good you have a back up plan in case those articles get rejected. Every writer should have such a plan. It's a pleasure to meet you via the A-Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little does Jeffrey know that this month you're even allowing for a Plan 9 From Outer Space.

    ReplyDelete